- Smoking is prohibited inside the yurts. Please pack out your cigarette butts - NOT on the ground or in the ash can!
- Limit your group size to the hut capacity. There is NO CAMPING permitted, in order to provide undisturbed snow.
- Snow Caves are prohibited within 100 feet of any yurt or outhouse for safety and sanitation reasons.
- NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED AT THE HUTS/YURTS IN THE WINTER except Aspen, Black Bear, Sunset Yurts, and Willow Lodge Cabin!! This is the same for most hut systems in Colorado because of the need to use snowmelt for drinking water. Please be considerate of others that will use the hut after you and leave your pets at home. If you bring your pet and we happen to be at the yurt, you will be asked to leave immediately and you will not be entitled to a refund!!!
- Please use the outhouse at all times, be considerate of others who will rent after you.
- Gather your snow for water away from the hut, in an undisturbed area. It is recommended to purify by boiling.
- PACK OUT ALL OF YOUR TRASH. Do not throw trash in the outhouse, and do not use the ash can either!
- CHECK IN: 1p MST or after, direct at yurt (no formal physical check in), make sure to have confirmation email with yurt combination codes. This was emailed to you upon booking. If you do have or cannot find, email email@example.com to request it. You will have to show proof of name on booking.
- Shovel the deck, stairs, a path to the outhouse, a path to get wood from under the yurt or from the woodshed, and clear the propane access. Some yurts have propane under the deck, some have it on the deck.
- PLEASE chop your wood on a block OUTSIDE ON THE GROUND, not on the deck, and please—not inside the hut.
- Wash and put away all dishes. Hang wet dishtowels on clothesline, not cabinets.
- Make sure the woodstove is out - if ash in the stove is hot, LEAVE IT IN THE STOVE, clean out the ash when it is COOL.
- Be kind - RESTOCK THE WOODBIN with split wood and very small kindling. This is very important so the next group can get a fire going. If NSN staff have to do this, the group leader may be charged for their time!
- Sweep the floor!
- Shut off the propane stove and light, and make sure the bulk tank is closed.
- You are responsible for packing out EVERYTHING that you brought with you. Never leave extra food behind - The group leader will be charged a cleaning fee for packing out items left behind.
- Close the windows and be sure the door is locked when you leave!
- CHECK OUT: 11a MST or before. Lock up yurt and pack out. Thank you for staying. Please check out www.NSNgifts.com for fun Never Summer Nordic products and memorabilia.
Cancellations or Changing Your Reservation:
There are NO REFUNDS. Cancellations made at least three weeks prior to your trip are eligible for a 75% credit towards another trip, which must be used within one year of your original booking or they will expire. There is a $25 change fee for changes in yurt/dates made more than 3 weeks in advance.
There are NO CANCELLATION CREDITS DUE TO WEATHER OR ROAD CONDITIONS. If the State Patrol closes Hwy 14 the day of your trip, there are several alternate routes to take. From Fort Collins take Hwy 287 to Laramie, then Hwy 230 to Walden, then Hwy 14 east to the State Park. From Denver, go up Hwy 40 through Grandby and Hwy125 to Walden, then Hwy 14 east to the State Park. Please call the Colorado Highway Patrol for information on road conditions, or check our website link to CDOT.
Do Not Underestimate The Seriousness Of A Winter Overnight Trip!!
Our huts are remote, backcountry shelters and there is little chance of getting messages to you. Inform someone at home of your plans and itinerary and in the event of an emergency, have them try calling the Colorado State Forest at 970-723-8366, or call the Jackson County Sheriff. Call the Colorado Avalanche Information Center for updated mountain and avalanche conditions: Denver/Boulder 303-236-9435, Fort Collins 970-482-0457, or check our website link to the Avalanche Center.
Getting messages to those staying here is extremely difficult we have to ski in to do so. Be prepared, our closest hospital is 80 miles away.
If you have any questions or concerns after reading this please contact us:
NEVER SUMMER NORDIC® INC.
247 Jackson County Rd 41, Walden, CO 80480 (970) 723.4070
Website: www.neversummernordic.com e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager - Bron Austin Deal
Cell: (405) 213.5853 e-mail: email@example.com